Since I am home for Thanksgiving I decided to make a thanksgivingyy dinner for my man and I. Instead of turkey we opted for chicken and man was it good! Such a great combination of flavors especially when paired with some mashed potatoes and veggies.
– Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I made 1 per person)
– 1/2 of a bag of Ocean Spray Cranberries
– 2 tablespoons Organic Maple Syrup
– 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
– garlic powder
– sea salt
– 2 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Clean the chicken breasts and lightly coat baking pan with olive oil. Place chicken in pan and set aside
3. Mix together Balsamic, maple syrup and a tablespoon of olive oil and set a aside
4. Sprinkle your spices over all the chicken ( garlic powder, pepper, sea salt, rosemary and thyme)
5. Add in cranberries on top of chicken and in the pan (surrounding chicken)
6. Pour your Balsamic Maple glaze over the chicken, letting it drip into the pan so the chicken will be baking in the juice
7. Place it in the oven to cook for 25-30 minutes (varies on the thickness of your chicken)
8. While it’s cooking make some extra of the Balsamic Maple glaze so you can add more on as it cooks.
9. Half way through cooking the chicken pour more of the glaze that’s in the pan over the chicken (basting it basically). If the pan seems to be getting dry add more of the glaze mixture to keep it juicy. Feel free to add more spices too!
10. Once chicken is done, remove from oven and serve immediately with your other fab thanksgiving dishes!
P.S. I froze my left over cranberries and put them in a cocktail or wine! Makes a fun festive drank 🙂